End User Terms
1. Nature of your contract with us
By proceeding with a purchase from our Shop, you enter into a contract with McKenzie Mills Partnership Limited (a company registered in England with registration number 06361968) who will supply digital content on a non-tangible medium (Digital Content) to you, subject to the terms of the licence granted in paragraph 3.
Our registered office is: 22 St John Street, Newport Pagnell, Buckinghamshire, MK16 8HJ. We own and operate www.betterbusiness-skills.com.
Better Business-Skills™ refers to the range of digital products and business services developed and provided by McKenzie Mills Partnership Ltd. Any references to ‘we’, ‘our’, ‘us’, the ‘site’ or ‘Better Business Skills’ should be read as references to McKenzie Mills Partnership Limited. In these terms, you are referred to as ‘you’, or the ‘end user’.
2. Your cancellation rights and refunds
Since you wish to purchase Digital Content, special rules of cancellation apply to the contract between us: –
By proceeding with your download purchase, you consent to us supplying the Digital Content to you before the end of the 14-day cancellation period that would otherwise be available to you, and as such you lose your cancellation rights.
This means that you accept that all sales are final. Once you have purchased the Digital Content, there is no way to “return” it for a refund.
3. Grant of licence and permitted use
In consideration of you agreeing to abide by this End User Licence, we grant you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable worldwide licence to use the Digital Content. The intellectual property rights in the Digital Content remain ours, as does the copyright since we are merely selling you a licence to use the Digital Content. You therefore acknowledge that all intellectual property rights in the Digital Content anywhere in the world belongs to us, that rights in the Digital Content are licensed (not sold) to you, and that you have no rights in, or to, the Digital Content other than the right to use it in accordance with the terms of this End User Licence.
Where applicable, you may:
- download up to a maximum of three times (if you exceed this limit, it cannot be reset)
- use, browse and search the Digital Content; and
- quote and excerpt from the Digital Content so long as you have obtained our written permission to use it with full attribution to us as the content creators (e.g. of Better Business Skills™ and the title of the Digital Content as a minimum).
Where applicable, you must not:
- copy, distribute, publish, transmit, retransmit, transfer, disseminate, broadcast, circulate, sell, resell or otherwise use the Digital Content or any portion of the Digital Content in any form or by any means except as permitted by this End User Licence or infringe in any other way our intellectual property rights, or those of any third party in relation to your use of the Digital Content; or
- use the Digital Content in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with this End User Licence, or act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by decompiling the Digital Content or inserting malicious code, including viruses, or harmful data, into the Digital Content.
4. Disclaimer, warranties, limitation of liability and jurisdiction.
All Digital Content is supplied ‘as is’, without warranty of any kind (express or implied) and we shall not be responsible for any loss, direct, indirect, consequential or other damages which you may suffer by purchasing, downloading or relying on the Digital Content in any way.
This End User Licence is governed by English law and we both agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in the event of any dispute.
Last updated: 22 October 2018